FIRST WORD FOR TODAY:
1. Is praise important? Hebrews 13:15.
2.Is proclamation important? 2 Timothy 4:1-2.
As important as praise and proclamation are, it’s PRAYER that Christ said His house was to be identified by.
3. A house of flesh and blood. We are the church and therefore the temple of God.
A. 1 Corinthians 6:9.
— As a follower of Christ, I am a house of prayer.
B. Ephesians 2:19-22.
— We as a body of believers are identified as a household of prayer.
— Prayer is the defining characteristic of a church.
— We fizzle out and become inconsistent.
4. Consistent. Confident. Connecting with God through prayer.
A. Do we fizzle out because it’s unimportant?
B. Perhaps we don’t do it because we’re not confident in prayer, so we just avoid even trying to connect with God through prayer.
Beginning 7 Jan 2018 we begin a study called 40 DAYS OF PRAYER.
SECOND WORD FOR TODAY:
1. The greatness of God. Psalm 145:4-5.
2. The grace of God. Psalm 147:3.