8/14/16, Pastor Stan Candler
— It is unacceptable to have a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof. The very thought us repugnant.
– When we get it, we must live it. Why? Because our “want to” gets changed.
1. Our Spiritual Goal. What is your spiritual goal?
A. Philippians 2:12
— “. . . Work out your salvation with fear and trembling” = ‘Work to Full Completion’, to get the very most out of it. Like a farmer working a field to get the greatest harvest possible.
— Paul is not talking about how to be saved, but how to live after we are saved.
B. Ephesians 2:8-9
C. Titus 3:5
2. Our Supernatural God
— If we make ourselves available, then He does all the work, and He is responsible for the results. He even gives us the desire to do it, provided we make ourselves available.
A. Philippians 2:13.
— A Daily Personal Choice.
1) . We decide daily whether we’ll give God the most. We have a choice.
— A Daily Personal Surrender.
1) . What will you do today? Do you surrender all? You may have been available yesterday, but do you surrender today to the will and call of Christ?
— A Daily Personal Request.
1) . Daily asking God to fill and use you. He starts on the workman before He starts on the work.
B. Romans 12:1
C. Ephesians 5:18